MKS-05 Terra-P radiation detection measurement instrument is the most popular household dosimeter in Ukraine and throughout the world. It is designed on the basis of the professional device MKS-05 TERRA, which is in operational service with the Ukrainian Army.
The dosimeter will help you to check the radiation safety of your home, place of work and leisure, car, household items, clothing construction materials, wild berries and mushrooms. Also, Ecotest Terra-P MKS-05 measures gamma background level and accumulated dose, estimates beta contamination. It is designed in a yellow shockproof housing and is compact in size.
The device is very simple to use, since it has only 2 control buttons – Threshold and Mode. To turn on the dosimeter, press and hold the Mode button for one second and dosimeter automatically enters the mode of gamma radiation measurement.
Terra-P dosimeter complies with educational requirements and is recommended by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine for use as visual aids in educational establishments.
- Three independent measuring channels with alternate indication of data on the single liquid crystal display.
- Built-in gamma, beta sensitive Geiger-Muller counter.
- Automatic setting of measurement intervals and ranges.
- Audio signaling of each registered gamma-quantum or beta-particle.
- Programming of audio alarm threshold level of gamma radiation dose rate.
- Liquid crystal display.
- Two AAA batteries.
- Four-level indication of battery discharge.
- Shock-resistant body.
- Small weight and dimension parameters.
|Measurement ranges and main relative errors:|
|– Gamma and X-ray radiation ambient dose equivalent rate||µSv/h||0.1…999.9;|
|%||±(25+2/H*(10)), where H*(10) is a numeric value of measured DER equivalent to µSv/h|
|– Gamma and X-ray radiation ambient dose equivalent||mSv||0.001…9 999; ±25%|
|– Beta-particles flux density with possible evaluation of surface contamination by beta radionuclides (90Sr+90Y)||1/(cm2×min)||10…100 000|
|Energy ranges of measurement and energy dependence:|
|– Gamma and X-ray radiation||MeV||0.05…3.0; ±25%|
|– Beta radiation||MeV||0.5…3.0|
|Measurement time intervals||seconds||5…70|
|Battery life*||hours||6 000|
|Operating temperature range||°С||-10…+50|
* under gamma background not more than 0.3 µSv/h, switched off alarm system
- MKS-05 “TERRA-P” dosimeter-radiometer;
- operating manual;
- leather case;
- packing box.