Gamma dosimeter with GPS MKS-UM is a full-range radiation survey device in the field environment. Designed on the basis of MKS-U, which gained an excellent reputation under severe desert conditions during peacekeeping mission in the Middle East.
In addition to gamma and beta radiation the dosimeter can measure alpha radiation. There is an added possibility to archive measurement results with reference to the location coordinates with the integrated dual-system GPS / GLONASS receiver. The device uses lithium-ion memory-effect-free battery. The display indicates the statistical error of measurements. Availability of the analog indicator of radiation intensity facilitates localization of radiation sources. High protection rating IP67 and a rubber protective case allow using the device in harsh climatic conditions. It became even more comfortable to operate the device due to the reduced weight and dimension parameters.
- Possibility to measure ambient dose equivalent rate (DER) of gamma radiation with the detector which is built in the control panel.
- Automatic selection between measurement intervals and ranges.
- Audio signalling of each registered gamma-quantum or beta particle.
- Backlit indicator and control keys for operation in the dark.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery charging by the built-in charger from:
– 12 V automobile battery;
– 220 V/50 Hz mains power using a voltage converter.
- Multilevel indication of battery discharge.
- Operates under conditions involving atmospheric precipitation, dusty atmosphere (IP67); waterproof removable detector down to 0.5 m water depth.
- Measures emergency gamma DER levels by placing the removable detector at up to 30 m distance.
- Analog indicator of radiation intensity.
- Logging of up to 1500 measurement results tagged to location coordinates in the nonvolatile memory via infrared port to the PC (built-in GPS/GLONASS receiver).
- Viewing of logged measurement results on the display.
- Easy to operate even if wearing personal protection – rubber gloves.
- Wide operating temperature range – from -30…+55°C.
- Display temperature resistance – +95°C.
- Gas-discharge Geiger-Muller counters without return run of counting response
- Silicon beta radiation detector
- Emergency scintillation gamma detector (CsI – scintillator-photodiode)
|Measurement of gamma and X-ray radiation parameters|
|Measurement range of gamma and X-ray DER with the BDKS-01 combined detecting unit||0.1 µSv/h …10 Sv/h|
|Measurement range of gamma and X-ray DER with the BDKS-02 combined detecting unit||0.1 µSv/h…2.0 Sv/h|
|Measurement range of gamma and X-ray DER with the wide range removable detector||Sv/h||0.01…100|
|Measurement range of gamma and X-ray DE with the detector integrated in a control panel and main relative permissible error||mSv|
|Main relative permissible errors in DER measurement when calibrated with 137Cs for:|
|– BDKS-01 and BDKS -02 combined detecting units||– BDKS-01 and BDKS -02 combined detecting units||±(15+2/H*(10)) %, where H*(10) is a numeric value of measured DER in µSv/h|
|– wide range removable detector||±(15+200/H*(10)) %, where H*(10) is a numeric value of measured DER in mSv/h|
|Energy range of measurement||MeV||0.05…3.0|
|Measurement range of DE accumulation time and measurement precision||1 min…100 h; ±1 min per 100 h|
|Measurement range of surface beta-particles flux density with the BDKS-01 and BDKS -02 combined detecting units||1/(cm2×min)||10…200 000|
|Measurement range of beta-particles surface activity with the BDKS-01 and BDKS -02 combined detecting units||Bq/cm2||0…13500|
|Energy range of measurement with the BDKS-01 combined detecting unit||MeV||0.3…3.0|
|Energy range of measurement with the BDKS-02 combined detecting unit||MeV||0.15…3.0|
|Main relative permissible error in measurements of beta-particles flux density when calibrated to 90Sr+90Y||±(20+200/φβ) %, where φβ is a numeric value of measured surface flux density part./(cm2×min)|
|Main relative permissible error in measurements of beta-particles surface activity when calibrated to 90Sr+90Y||±(20+10/B) %, where B is a numeric value of measured beta-particles surface activity Bq/cm2|
|Measurement of alpha radiation parameters|
|Measurement range of surface alpha-particles flux density with the BDKS-02 combined detecting unit||1/( cm2×min)||10…300 000|
|Measurement range of alpha-particles surface activity with the BDKS-02 combined detecting unit||Bq/cm2||0…13500|
|Energy range of measurement with the BDKS-02 combined detecting unit||MeV||from 4.0 and more|
|Main relative permissible error in measurements of alpha-particles flux density when calibrated to 239Pu||±(15+300/φ) %, where φ is a numeric value of measured surface flux density part./(cm2×min)|
|Main relative permissible error in measurements of alpha-particles surface activity when calibrated to 239Pu||±(15+15/A) %, where A is a numeric value of measured alpha-particles surface activity Bq/cm2|
|Time of continuous operation when powered from a rechargeable lithium-ion battery||h||100|
|Operating temperature range (digital display)||°С||-40…+50|
|Weight and dimensional characteristics|
|Weight, kg||Dimensions, mm|
|Control panel (without case)||1,3||156×120×60|
|BDKS-01 detecting unit without the cable||0,3||D48×165|
|BDKS-02 detecting unit without the cable||0,6||160×73×43|
|Wide range removable detector without the cable||0,1||D34×50|
|The delivery kit in a carrying case||9||554×420×123|
- Control panel;
- BDKS-01 combined gamma/beta detecting unit;
- BDKS-02 combined gamma/alpha/beta detecting unit;
- Solar battery;
- Short telescopic tube for the detecting unit;
- 10 m long cable for charging from the automobile battery;
- 220/12 V adapter;
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery;
- Carrying case;
- Operating manual;
- Emergency wide range detecting unit kit: removable gamma detector with a 30 m length cable; 5 m telescopic tube with a cable bracket for cable winding; telescopic tube case.
- Spare parts;
- Exchange infrared adapter and software – on request.