The spectrometer for determine the activity of radionuclides of solid non-sorted radioactive wastes in primary packages on places of formation of radioactive wastes.
Spectrometers of gamma – radiation, such as SEG-001m "АКP-S"-SRAW depending on completeness can be applied to determine the activity of radionuclides of:
- solid non-sorted radioactive wastes in primary packages on places of formation of radioactive wastes
- solid non-sorted radioactive wastes placed in metal recipients of various forms and sizes on places of collection
- radioactive wastes of 1 and 2 groups placed in containers before sending to depositories.
- the plant determines the isotope structure of gamma-radiation radionuclides, which activity exceeds 1 %÷2 % of the total activity of measured solid radioactive wastes (SRAW).
- the block of detecting, such as BDEG "АКP-S"
- the multichannel pulse-height analyzer "АBА-P"
- a set of collimators
|determined radionuclides composition 137Cs, 134Cs, 60Co, 58Co, 54Mn, 59Fe, 124Sb, 51Cr, 110mAg|
|the range of measured energies of gamma-radiation, keV||100-3000|
|the range of measurements of total activity corresponds to the activity of SRW of the first and second groups, kBq/kg||2 × 101-5 × 107|
|the energy resolution on the line 661.66 keV, %||7,3|
|the limit of admitted basic error of the transformation characteristic (integrated nonlinearity) in an energy range 200 3000 keV, %||±0,6|
|the limit of an admitted basic error for measurement of activity for geometry "Marinelli 1 l", %.||±25|
|minimal measured activity (at confidential probability 95 % during measurement 10 minutes) for a radionuclide, not more, kBq:|
|imits of an admitted error for measurement of total activity, Р=0,95, not more, %||45|
|the limit of an admitted additional error for measurement of activity caused by change of voltage of the power supply in an interval 220±22 V, %||±5|
|the power supply of a spectrometer from the network of an alternating current:|
|number of channels||1024|
|time of establishment of a working mode, minutes||30|
The soft ware provides the spectrometer control, processing of the spectrometer information, output of results on the liquid crystal indicator and printer, transfer of measurements results to a database.
The original methodical approach to measurements of the Russian Academy of Science and the algorithms of processing, which are introduced in the software, allow to determine the activity and isotope structure of radioactive wastes, including also non-sorted SRAW, which are placed in packages and containers of any form.
On the basis of the input data the soft ware provides:
- identification of isotope structure of SRAW
- definition of activity of each isotope and errors of definition
- definition of total activity of SRAW isotopes of packages and their errors
- definition of total specific SRAW activity of a package and their errors
- the plant SEG-001m" АКP-S" – SRAW is suitable for measurement of objects practically of any form without sampling
- allows to optimize the process of SRAW handling
- The calibration of systems is carried out on an author's method realized in the software.