VIRTUOSO is a compact-size device for comprehensive radiological examination of food, soil, construction materials, etc. It can be used for official measurements for environmental studies, radiological control of agricultural products, in construction, mining, logging and woodworking industries, as well as for educational programs.
The device is designed to detect cesium radioisotopes and naturally occurring radioactive materials (potassium, radium, thorium), as well as to assess their specific, volume and surface activity.
Thanks to the use of the brand new technology, you can now control cesium radioisotopes and naturally occurring radioactive materials not only in specialized laboratories, but at home without help of professional radiologists!
- Portable, practical.
- Requires no special training of the user, operates in the interactive mode.
- Does not require sampling – measurement is done by putting the device to the tested object (material, product, soil, etc.), or by holding it over the studied surfaces.
- Requires no special preparation of the food sample (the product remains inside its packaging).
- Requires no special protection.
|Name||Unit of measurement||Standardized value|
|Measurement range of specific activity of radionuclides 137Cs, 134Cs in the objects of the environment in geometries “2π”, “4π”||Bq/kg||50 – 200 000|
|Main relative permissible error limits of measurement of specific activity of radionuclides 137Cs, 134Cs in the objects of the environment in geometries “2π”, “4π”, Р=0.95||%||± 35|
|Estimation range of surface activity of radionuclides 137Cs, 134Cs in the objects of the environment||Bq/m2||500 – 1 000 000|
|Measurement range of the effective specific activity of naturally occurring radionuclides 226Ra, 232Th, 40K in the objects of the environment in geometries “2π”, “4π”||Bq/kg||200 – 20000|
|Main relative permissible error limits of measurement of the effective specific activity of naturally occurring radionuclides 226Ra, 232Th, 40K in the objects of the environment in geometries “2π”, “4π”, Р=0.95||%||± 35|
|Measurement range of gamma radiation ambient dose equivalent rate from 137Cs, 134Cs||µSv/h||0.001 – 10|
|Main relative permissible error limits of measurement of gamma radiation ambient dose equivalent rate from 137Cs, 134Cs, given Р=0.95||%||± 20|
|Unstable readings of the radiometer during 8 hours of operation, not more than||%||5|
|Measurement range of gamma radiation ambient dose equivalent rate H*(10)||µSv/h||0.01 – 50.00|
|Main relative permissible error limits of gamma radiation ambient dose equivalent (DER) measurement, given P=0.95||%||15+1/H*(10), where H*(10) – is a numeric value of gamma radiation DER, µSv/h|
|Sensitivity to gamma radiation for 137Cs, 134Cs, not less than||(pulse/s) /
|Energy dependence of readings for energies 59 keV (241Аm), 1.3 MeV (60Со) and 0.66 MeV (137Cs)||%||30|
|Dependence of sensitivity from the angle of recorded radiation incidence (anisotropy), does not exceed||%||30|
|Number of amplitude gamma spectrum channels||1024|
|Setup time of operating mode of the device – not more than||min||1|
|Time of continuous operation with fully charged storage batteries at gamma background (not more than 0.5 µSv/h) – not less than||hours||24|
|Operating temperature range||°С||-20 – +50|
|Ingress protection rating IP54|
|Dimensions of the detecting device, not more than||mm||114×36×83|
|Weight of the detecting device without case (with the installed battery)||kg||0.352|
Virtuoso application provides:
- information about the status of the detector, dosimetric and spectrometric data which is transferred via Bluetooth from Virtuoso detecting unit to a smartphone or a tablet (Android-based);
- display of gamma radiation dose rate and amplitude gamma spectrum in graphical view;
- detection of cesium isotopes in food, soil and wood, evaluation of their specific/volume and surface activities, evaluation of dose rate from cesium;
- detection of naturally occurring radioactive materials (K, Ra, Th), evaluation of their specific/volume activities;
- possibility to check the measurement quality of the device using standard metrological samples in Marinelli vessels;
- both beginners (simplified display of measurement progress in the “Found-Not found” mode) and experts (display of activity spectrum and trends) can operate the device;
- reports about measurement, their transfer to PC via Bluetooth, email, etc.;
- automatic adjustment of the detector’s spectrometric parameters at each measurement, device calibration in a separate mode;
- making and receiving calls, sending and receiving messages, starting and using other applications, etc., without interrupting the process of measurement and loss of data.
Virtuoso application can be installed on the Android smartphone or tablet which features the following:
- Bluetooth module on the Android device;
- Android OS version 2.2 or newer;
- supported screen resolution – 320?480, 480?800, 720?1280, 1024?600, 1280*800, 1920*1080;
- touchscreen interface.
Virtuoso application is available at Google Play for free download.