Basic Information and Communications Package (BICP)- main element of an information management network for tactical units, which gives the commander the following capabilities of information and communication:
- common information database of all the interacting entities
- GPS navigation and movement control the of mobile objects (weapons, military equipment, certain military personnel)
- exchange of command textual information
- preparation of solutions and analysis of the situation on the electronic map (diagram) of area
- automated personnel alert system
- units management with use of information possibilities of modern computer technology on the march and at predefined positions
BICP can be used by any species of troops as a basis for the construction of a tactical information network management and integration into a unified information environment of specialized computational tasks and earlier implemented information systems.