OVERVIEW1L220U (1L220U-KC) battlefield phased-array fire-control radar is designed to establish the coordinates of hostile artillery, mortars, multiple-launch rocket systems and tactical missile batteries, provide targeting data for counter-fire operations and monitor friendly fall of shot. The system’s phasedarray, electronics, operator workstations, navigation and communications subsystems and power supply are installed aboard the armoured tracked chassis, with a second cross-country wheeled ‘spares and accessories’ vehicle providing support. Other system’s functions include threat-type identification, impact-point forecasting, collection of battlefield reconnaissance data and information hand-off to higher commands and associated weapon systems.
THE COMPLEX IS CAPABLE TO QUICKLY AND ACCURATELY ACCOMPLISH THE FOLLOWING:
- identification of the firing system class: mortars, MBRL, artillery, tactical missiles;
- forecasting of the enemy impact points;
- collection of reconnaissance data concerning the battlefield, estimation of width and depth of enemy batteries location (orientation) and transfering of reconnaissance data to the command posts of the Higher Command and to the command posts of the cooperative fire units.
- reconnaissance by the first shot of enemy artillery, Multi Barrel Rocket Launcher (MBRL) Fire Position (FP) coordinates, enemy tactical missiles Launching Positions (LP) coordinates, and transmission of target designation signals to friendly units;
- check of impacts and adjustment of the friendly fire means.
- effective firing activity under the conditions of reduced visibility and enemy electronic counter-measures;
- increase of reconnaissance and killing area by 8 to 10 times comparing to battalions equipped with standard facilities;
- reduction of fire mission execution time by 1,5 to 2 times;
- reduction of the ammunition depletion by 2,5 to 3 times;
- creation of reconnaissance fire and reconnaissance-attack systems.
- wide-spread conflicts involving considerable concentration of forces and armament in complicated radio electronic and target situation;
- limited intervention aimed to suppress the wide-dispersed fire means;
- peacekeeping operations intended to control the fire halt observance over a large territory.
|Reconnaissance/check range of fire positions, km|
| tactical missiles||55⁄80||55⁄80|
|Electronic surveillance sector, deg.||60||90|
|Deployment/Closing time, min||5⁄3||10⁄15|
|Crew per shift, persons||3||5|
WEGHT AND OVERALL CHARACTERISTICS
|TYPE||LENGTH, MM||WIDTH, MM||HEIGHT, MM||WEIGHT, T||CHASSIS TYPE|