- Increasing a detection range;
- Enhancement of the trajectory processing parameters
- Improving a coordinate measurement accuracy;
- Improving target detection against clutter and noise background;
- Automation of tracking and initialization processes;
- Adaptation of a rejection zone to interference situations;
- Applying color raster display workstations;
- Realization of various protocols, formats and standards for radar data processing;
- Applying electronic recording of the output data and radar operation modes;
- Providing operation at elevation up to 3000 m;
- Reducing the false plots during operation in mountain terrain;
- Introducing the target identification channel or the international secondary channel (IFF channel MK-X type);
- Ensuring high effective trajectory processing
In order to detect large-size targets at the range up to 360 km, a new triggering mode has been introduced.
BUILDING-IN THE IFF SYSTEM COMPARTABLE WITH NATO STANDARDS
Large vertical dimensions of the reflector permit to shape an elevation antenna pattern of Cosec type with a sharp bottom edge 1,4 dB/deg. The antenna pattern width in the azimuth plane is 6,5°.
The antenna system also provides realization of SLS modes in interrogation and response. The interrogator MK-X (MK-XII) type is set in the radar cabin.
The interrogator control is done from radar workstations. In the processing equipment the IFF output signals are associated with echo-signals and tracking according to the IFF response signals is ensured. All data coming from the IFF is displayed on the workstations.
RADAR OPERATION IN MOUNTAINOUS TERRAIN
For the radar operation in mountainous terrain the electric strength of the microwave channel is increased: increased pressure in the output microwave channel is maintained; new pulse transformer is installed in the transmitter; new zone switch is installed in the antenna.
When radar operates in mountainous terrain essential decrease of false plots level is achieved due to shaped out of oscillations of one stable generator.
New radar workstations are based on LCD panels. They allow displaying all radar data, radar status and map information. The radar is controlled from the workstations. Twisted pair lines are used for communications between radar and workstations. Up to four workstations can be connected.
Maximum radar remote distance amounts to 300 m. If the workstations are power supplied from an independent power source, the remote distance reaches up to 500m. Data playback and analysis of the recorded data is possible at the workstation as well as control for environment simulation for the personnel training.
UPGRADE OF LIQUID COOLING SYSTEM
- Protects the cooling channels against blocking by electrochemical corrosion products
- Improves endurance of the cooling devices (klystron, circulator, solenoid, equivalent).
Updating data ST-68U
|Maximum detection range, km|
|Parameters||Before updating||After updating|
|Tringgening mode «Frequent»||75||90|
|Tringgening mode «Rare»||150||180|
|Tringgening mode «Super rare»||360|
|Radar detection range in tree space||Increased by 10-15%|
|Data output to up-to-date automatic control systems in format ASTER-1X or in formats by user's request||Not available||Available|
|Refection zone control in strobes assigned by an operator||Not available||Available|
|Identification of targets equipped with transponders according to NATO standarts||Not available||Available|
|Tracking according response data of identification system||Not available||Tracking is provided according to response signals alongside wRh processing of the identification number data and barometric height data|
|Automatic detection of radar location||Not available||Provided by GPS receiver|
|Operator's training||Using auxtiary cabinet УЦ-10||Training function in consoles using data logging results and electronic data bases of training scenarioes|
|Radar data logging||Photorecording||Data recording information electronic mediums and subsequent data display at operator's console or Iransterming data recorded to archive facilities|
|Recording operator's commands and radar operation parameters||Not available||Provided simultaneously with radar data recording|
|MTBF||200 hours||>800 hours|