SPECTRA radiometer is a high-sensitivity search device intended to detect, localize and identify radioactive and nuclear materials by their gamma and neutron radiation. It is used to prevent illicit transfer of these materials across the state borders, as well as at the companies and institutions dealing with gamma and neutron radiation sources.
SPECTRA product identifies radionuclides with indication of the category that they belong to (in compliance with IAEA requirements). There is an option to save and transfer 128 full gamma radiation spectra.
- High sensitivity gamma scintillation (CsI) detector, Geiger-Muller counter, scintillation (LiI) detector of neutron radiation.
- Indication and automatic testing mode of power supply status.
- Data communication between the detecting device (DD), the control and indication device (CID) and the PC is done via Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Storage and transfer of 128 complete gamma radiation spectra.
- Identification of radionuclides and their category(ies) (in compliance with IAEA requirements):
– industrial radionuclides: 57Co, 60Co, 133Ba, 137Cs, 192Ir, 152Eu and 241Am;
– special nuclear materials: 233U, 235U, Pu [Reactor grade plutonium (more than 6% 240Pu)];
– naturally occurring radioactive materials: 40K, 226Ra, 232Th-decay series, 238U-decay series.
Note. List of nuclides that the device can identify may be extended if needed.
- Threshold alarm system with three independent threshold levels:
– safety threshold level (threshold level of photon-ionizing radiation DER);
– threshold level of neutron count rate from the detector.
|Gamma radiation sensitivity for 137Cs, not less than||cps/(µSv/h)||100|
|Neutron radiation sensitivity for:- fast neutrons, not less than- thermal neutrons, not less than||pulse×cm2/n||0.120±0.012|
|Measurement range of photon-ionizing radiation DER||µSv/h||0.01 … 9999|
|Indication range of photon-ionizing radiation count rate||cps||1 … 9999|
|Indication range of neutron radiation count rate||cps||0.01 … 9999|
|Main relative permissible error limit of photon-ionizing radiation DER measurement in the range of 0.01 – 9999 µSv/h (137Cs)||%||±(15+1/H*(10)), where H*(10) is a numeric value of measured DER equivalent to µSv/h|
|Energy range of registered photon-ionizing radiation||MeV||0.033 … 3.000|
|Energy dependence of the device readings during photon-ionizing radiation DER measurement in the energy range from 0.05 to 3.00 MeV relative to 0.662 MeV energy (137Cs)||%||±25|
|Energy range of registered neutron radiation||MeV||from thermal neutrons to 14.00|
|Number of amplitude gamma spectrum channels||channel||1024|
|Setup time of operating mode of the device, not more than||min||1|
|Calibration time relative to gamma background||s||2 … 60|
|Time of continuous operation with fully charged storage batteries at gamma background (not more than 0.5 ?Sv/h) with switched off display backlight and under non-alarm conditions, not less than||hours||30|
|Operating temperature range||°С||-20 … +50|
|Dimensions of the detecting device (DD), not more than||mm||110×36×83|
|Weight of the DD, not more than||kg||0.4|
|Dimensions of the control and indication device (CID) without a strap, not more than||mm||70×80×32|
|Weight of the CID, not more than||kg||0.13|
|Weight of the device kit in packaging, not more than||kg||1.5|