Multipurpose search device intended to detect and localize sources of gamma, beta, alpha and neutron radiation.
The standard delivery kit includes gamma and beta radiation detecting units. Alpha and neutron radiation detecting units can be ordered separately.
POSHUK detects soft beta radiation. The device uses Geiger-Muller counters without return run of counting response. The analog indicator of radiation intensity facilitates localization of radiation sources.
The device has the nonvolatile memory, which can store up to 4096 measurement results. The recorded measurement results can be viewed on the display and transferred to the PC through the infrared port. Each detected gamma-quantum and beta-particle is followed by audio signaling. The audio alarm will be initiated if the programmed threshold levels of gamma dose rate and beta-contamination are exceeded. Telescopic tube and display backlight will help to perform tasks under different conditions.
- Geiger-Muller counters without return run of counting response.
- Analog indicator of radiation intensity.
- Up to 4096 measurement results recording in the nonvolatile memory with further transfer to the computer through infrared port.
- Review of the recorded measurement results on the display.
- “Precisely” channel with the average result indicated on the display for the fixed measurement time from 1 to 99 minutes, and “start-stop” measurement mode.
- Detection of soft beta radiation.
- Programmable threshold levels of gamma and X-ray radiation dose equivalent rate and beta-particles flux density.
- Audio signaling of detected gamma-quanta, beta-particles, and exceeded programmed threshold levels of dose equivalent rate of gamma and X-ray radiation or beta-particles flux density.
- Display backlight.
- Multilevel indication for battery discharge.
|Measurement ranges and main relative errors|
|– Gamma and X-ray radiation dose equivalent rate (137Cs)||0.1 µSv/h … 2.0 Sv/h|
|Main relative permissible error limit of DER measurement with confidence probability of 0.95:|
|– in precise measurement mode||±(15+2/H*(10))%, where H*(10) is a numeric value of measured DER equivalent to µSv/h|
|– in search mode||±(25+2/H*(10))%, where H*(10) is a numeric value of measured DER equivalent to µSv/h|
|– Gamma and X-ray radiation ambient dose equivalent (137Cs)||1.0 µSv … 9 999 mSv;±15%|
|– Beta-particles flux density (90Sr+90Y)||1/(cm2×min)||5…100 000|
|Main relative permissible error limit of surface beta-particles flux density measurement with confidence probability of 0.95:|
|– in precise measurement mode||±(15+200/φβ)%, where φβ is a numeric value of measured flux density equivalent to part./(cm2×min)|
|– in search mode||±(25+200/φβ)%, where φβ is a numeric value of measured flux density equivalent to part./(cm2×min)|
|Energy ranges of measurement and energy dependence:|
|– Gamma and X-ray radiation||MeV||0.05…3.0; ±25%|
|– Beta radiation||MeV||0.15…3.0|
|Measurement time intervals||seconds||2…5|
|Storage battery life (four NiMH AA batteries)*||hours||not less than 400|
|Operating temperature range||°С||-25…+55|
Weight and dimensions:
|Weight (kg)||Dimensions (mm)|
|– Control panel||0.5||154×86×35|
|– Gamma radiation detecting unit||0.6||214×80×36|
|– Beta radiation detecting unit||0.5||154×82×43|
|– Delivery kit in packing||4.2||445×255×85|
* under gamma background not more than 0.3 µSv/h, switched off display backlight and alarm system