A full-range radiation survey device in the field environment.
MKS-U measures gamma radiation dose rate from the background to emergency levels. Availability of the remote detector enables measuring emergency levels of gamma radiation dose rate at a distance of 30 m. The device operates under the conditions of atmospheric precipitations, dusty conditions and when the remote detector is submerged in the water at 0.5 m depth. Storage battery of the device is charged with the help of the built-in charger from integral solar battery, from automobile battery or from industrial network.
- Automatic setting of measurement intervals and ranges.
- Audio signaling of each registered gamma-quantum or beta-particle.
- Display and control keys backlight if operating in the dark. Storage battery (five AA nickel-cadmium batteries) charging by the built-in charger from:
– 12 V automobile battery;
– 220 V/50 Hz industrial network by voltage converter.
- Multilevel indication of power supply discharge.
- Ability to operate under atmospheric precipitation, dusty conditions and at immersion of the remote detector in water at 0.5 m depth.
- Measurement of gamma radiation DER action levels by placing the remote detector at up to 30 m distance.
- Analog indicator of radiation intensity.
- Up to 4096 measurement results recording in the nonvolatile memory with further transfer through infrared port to the computer.
- Viewing the recorded measurement results on the display.
- Ability to operate with the personal protective equipment (rubber gloves).
- Wide operating temperature range (-40…+50 °C).
- Display resistant to the temperature of up to +95 °C.
- Gas-discharge Geiger-Muller counters without return run of counting response
- Silicon beta radiation detector
- Emergency scintillation gamma radiation detector (CsI-scintillator-photodiode)
|Measurement of gamma and X-ray radiation parameters:|
|Measurement range of ambient dose equivalent rate with the combined detecting unit||0.1 µSv/h … 10 Sv/h|
|Measurement range of ambient dose equivalent rate with the remote detector||Sv/h||0.01…100|
|Measurement range of gamma and X-ray radiation DE with the detector built in the control panel and main relative error||mSv|
|Main relative permissible error limit of DER measurement when calibrated to 137Cs:|
|– for the combined detecting unit||±(15+2/H*(10))%, where H*(10) is a numeric value of measured DER equivalent to µSv/h|
|– for the remote detector||±(15+200/H*(10))%, where H*(10) is a numeric value of measured DER equivalent to mSv/h|
|Energy range of measurement||MeV||0.05…3.0|
|Measurement range of DE accumulation time and accuracy of measurement||1min…100h|
±1min per 100h
|Measurement of beta radiation parameters:|
|Measurement range of surface beta-particles flux density||1/(cm2×min)||10…200 000|
|Energy range of measurement||MeV||0.3…3.0|
|Main relative permissible error limit of beta-particles flux density measurement when calibrated to 90Sr+90Y||±(20+200/φß)%, where φß is a numeric value of measured flux density equivalent to part./(cm2×min)|
|Measurement time intervals||seconds||2…50|
|Storage battery life||hours||100|
|Operating temperature range(for digital display)||°С||-40…+50|
|Weight of the control panel with the detecting unit||kg||2.4|
|Dimensions of the control panel||mm||160x125x80|
|Weight of the dosimeter’s kit in packing case||kg||8|
|Dimensions of the dosimeter’s kit in packing case||mm||554x420x123|