Analysis of statistical data related to operation of the fleet of helicopters as to year 2009 shows that at the present time the fleet of MI-8T helicopters powered byTV2-117 engines is almost 5 times larger than the fleet of more updated MI-8MTV helicopters powered by TV3-117 engines. Actually, annual operating time of MI-8T helicopters is also 5 times larger. At the same time, operating time per 1 incident for MI-8T helicopter is larger by 1,56 times than for MI-8MTV helicopter, and prevailing causes of failures belong to TV2-117 engine.Taking into consideration high operational reliability of MI-8T helicopter and significantly lower reliability of TV2-117 engine, and remembering also that the production of this engine is discontinued, while the life of the MI-8T airframe is sufficient (at the present time) it does make sense to consider replacement of TV2-117 engine with TV3-117VMA-SBM1V, series 4Е engine.
- Designing, manufacture and certification of TV3-117VMA-SBM1V, series 4Е engine.
- Works related to replacement of engine in helicopter.
- Works related to correction of helicopter specifications to bring them in compliance with IСАО requirements
- Certification of upgraded helicopter.
- Certification of Motor Sich JSC as a designer of helicopters.