High efficiency of application of the AI-450-MS auxiliary engine built by Motor Sich JSC on the basis of the gas generator of AI-450 gas-turbine engine developed by SE IVCHENKO-PROGRESS is provided due to:
- low SFC resulting from high parameters of thermodynamic cycle, high efficiency of units and choice of construction providing air bleeds from auxiliary compressor;
- low operating cost.
- generation of compressed air for starting propulsion gas-turbine engines;
- electrical power supply with 200/115 VAC, 400 Hz, power up to 40 kVA;
- generation of compressed air for aircraft conditioning system;
- generation of compressed air for aircraft anti-icing system.
|Absorbed power to drive generator, kW||40|
|Bleed air consumption, kg/s||1.127|
|Bleed air pressure, kgf/cm2||4.75|
|Bleed air temperature, °C||230|
|Fuel consumption, kg/h||118|
Use of the AI-450-MS auxiliary engine allows to:
- Expand the range of aircraft utilization;
- Reduce operating time of propulsion engines;
- Improve safety of aircraft maintenance;
- Reduce expenditures for auxiliary ground facilities and maintenance personnel;
- Ensure additional air and electric power source in flight up to altitude of 12000 m.
The engine meets the latest technical requirements and is equipped with full-authority digital electronic control system that can ensure control, monitoring, diagnostics and indication of troubles as well as counting of operation time.
Expected applications: An-148, Tu-334, Be-200, Yak-42, An-74TK-300 and other airplanes.